I-Life in New Orleans 2006

Monday, March 20, 2006

our first real day

Morning announcements included safety briefings, equipment checkout, and house assignments. And while we smiled for the camera on the bus-ride there, we also prayed and waited and watched out the windows as broken houses slipped by.

The white suits are made of Tyvek - some space-age material that protects our clothing and skin from mold that eight feet of standing water left in these neighborhoods. The pink masks are respirator protection, and the safety glasses and hard hats make for safe but dang-this-thing-is-hot work.

With four I-Life teams, we were assigned four houses on the same block. Our job: peform a "mud-out." Dirty and tough work.

Which I want to describe, but I'm finding myself running into my sleep time... and I can't tell you how much I need it! Here are some images, and we'll describe more later.

Please pray for these families.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home